- It describes how we may collect or receive your Personal Information, the types of information we may collect, hold, how we use, share, disclose and protect this Personal Information, how long we retain this Personal Information, your rights, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
How We May Collect or Receive Personal Information from You
Wherever possible, we collect Personal Information directly from you
- Registration. We collect your Personal Information when you install the BodyKey mobile application (“App”), and register for an account in order to join the BodyKey Program.
- Logged in as User. If you are logged in on the App as a User, we may collect your Personal Information from you. For example, we may collect your Personal Information when you update your personal information.
- Activity Tracking. When wearing the InBody BAND wristband, data about your activity (such as your step count) will be collected and available to you and Amway via the App.
- Other forms of contacting us. You may also choose to submit your Personal Information and other information to us or our service providers through various communication channels, such as, e-mail, telephone or online forms.
How we Hold and Protect Personal Information
At all times, we will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide against accidental, unlawful, unintended or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot be held responsible for any accidental, unlawful, unintended or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use of Personal Information that is beyond our control.
We are committed to keeping your Personal Information secure and will use all reasonable precautions to protect it from interference, loss, misuse or unauthorised modification, including:
- Securing external and internal premises;
- Restricting access to your Personal Information to employees or those who perform services on our behalf who are authorised to handle your Personal Information and on a 'need to know' basis;
- Entering into confidentiality agreements with relevant employees and third parties;
- Appropriate training of staff;
- Retaining your Personal Information for no longer than it is reasonably required to meet the purposes described in this Policy;
- Taking reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information that is no longer required.
The Types of Personal Information We May Collect
”Personal Information” is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.. The Personal Information we may collect from you includes but is not limited to:
Contact information (e.g., first name, last name, postal/delivery address, e-mail address, fax number and phone number/s);
- Age and date of birth;
- Body measurements (e.g. height and weight);
- Weight goal;
- Username and password; and
- Information on physical activity such as step count.
Your provision of Personal Information to us is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we require, you may not be able to use the App or take part in the BodyKey Program. Further, it may not be possible for us to contact you or to provide products or services in connection with the BodyKey program which you may need.
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
Primary purposes. Generally, we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes to:
- manage your BodyKey registration;
- create and manage your account and respond to your inquiries;
- provide suggestions on nutrition and physical activities;
- communicate with you;
- allow interaction between you and other Users and/or visitors of the App (depending on your profile settings);
- any other reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.
Business purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes connected or relevant to our business, such as:
- complying with our legal obligations and requirements;
- enforcing contractual terms and conditions;
- accounting, risk management and record keeping;
- performing research and statistical, marketing and business analysis; and
- any other reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.
How We May Share or Disclose Personal Information
- We will not sell, rent, trade, transfer or exchange your Personal Information without your consent.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to related companies and third party service providers
- You agree that we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who provide necessary services to us, allowing us to perform activities in connection with the purposes described in this Policy, such as:
- service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services to us such as hosting and maintenance services, compilation and storage services, analysis services, e-mail message services, delivery services etc.; and
- our consultants (such as nutritionists, health experts etc) and professional advisors (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors, etc).
- We require any third party to whom your Personal Information is disclosed to keep the information confidential and only use it for the same purposes we are permitted to use it in line with this Policy.
- You agree that we may also disclose your Personal Information to Government authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others or ourselves.
Transfer of Personal Information out of Local Jurisdiction
- Some organisations to which Amway will disclose personal information are located outside your local jurisdiction.
- If we transfer your Personal Information to a country or territory outside of the local jurisdiction, we will ensure that the recipient of the Personal Information provides a standard of protection that is comparable to the protection which your Personal Information enjoys under the laws of the local jurisdiction. Where these countries or territories do not have Personal Information protection laws which are comparable to that in the local jurisdiction, we will enter into legally enforceable agreements with the recipients to ensure that they protect your Personal Information to the same standard as required under the laws of the local jurisdiction.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We will store your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the data (see above under “How We Use the Personal Data We Collect”), except if required otherwise by law.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data and Complaints
- Your rights under applicable law include access to the Personal Information we hold about you, the right to have such Personal Information confirmed, amended, corrected, erased or blocked. You also have the right to withdraw your consent. To exercise these rights, you should make a written request using our contact details set out in paragraph 10 below.
- In many circumstances, we need to use your Personal Information in order for us to provide you with products or services which you may require. If you do not provide us with the required Personal Information, or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you may require.
- You also have the right to complain about how your personal information has been handled. If you wish to make a complaint, please provide a written complaint to us at the contact details set out in paragraph 10 below. Amway will respond in writing within 30 days of receipt of a complaint.
IN AUSTRALIA, if the complaint remains unresolved, you have the option of notifying the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact detail can be found at the OAIC’s website: www.oaic.gov.au.
How to Contact Us
AMWAY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
3/7-9 IRVINE PLACE, BELLA VISTA
Amway (B) Sdn. Bhd.
No. 6 & 7 Block A, Kompleks Shakirin,
Bandar Seri Begawan BE 1518
P.T. Amindoway Jaya
Wisma Aldiron Dirgantara Lt.1
Jl. Jend. Gatot Subroto Kav. 72
Jakarta Selatan 12780
Amway Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
No. 28, Jalan 223
46100 Petaling Jaya
Amway New Zealand PTY LTD
6A Pacific Rise
Amway Philippines, LLC –Branch Office
G/F Feliza Building
108 V.A. Rosa Street
Makati City, 1229
Amway Singapore Pte. Ltd.
No. 1 Jalan Kilang Timor
#01-02 Pacific Tech Centre,
Amway Thailand Limited
1199/1 Ramkamhaeng Road
Huamark, Bangkok 10240
Amway Vietnam Co., Ltd
Flr 21, Flemington Building
182 Le Dai Hanh St, Dist 11,
Ho Chi Minh City